To file a tax return on behalf of a client the preparer needs a federal Preparer Tax Identification Number (PTIN). To represent a client to the IRS they also need to be an enrolled agent, CPA, or attorney.  But, even if they are registered and have a PTIN number, it does not necessarily mean that […]

This page is accessible to subscribers only - click here to sign up!